Tuesday, November 29, 2005

TOW .... eye of the tiger

So I was watching Rocky III today .
I've loved the whole series .

But the thing abt all Rocky movies is that u always know wats going to happen :

rocky always has to lose the first time - then he gets all the motivational talk - then he starts training really hard ( wit the eye of the tiger theme as the back score) - the scene rite after the ending of the training is always the final match - rocky has to lose initially - and gets beaten up so badly , u can hardly make out his eyes - and then Adrian shouts "rooooockkkkyyy " - and the eye of the tiger theme starts again , in a slow tempo - and tats signal for the italian stallion to kick ass - in the next 5 mins all we can see is rocky giving blows after blows - left , right , right again and centre - and then obviously he wins !!


And every time I watch Rocky or a boxing match .... it makes me wonder.
How do u think they came up wit this sport ?
Invite two strangers on the stage and ask them to beat the crap out of each other !!
And thats a sport .
And they are random people ... strangers ... not people who know and have anything against each other !!

Seinfeld once proposed :
" Let them bring their cars on the stage . They bang into each other , get all mad , and start hitting each other . See now that makes more sense "

***

And then there is “the pep talk” .
they always give that before the fight .
( and if ya notice , they always say it twice , incase the fighter dint get it the first time )

" you are the best mac , u r the best "
" u are gonna kill him jack , u r goin to kill him "
" eye of the tiger man , eye of the tiger "


A question : after a couple of defeats dont these boxers like realize that they are not "the best" , and does the pep talk really work ?! I mean do they ever realize that its all fake ?


***

And wats with all the aggressive talk ?!
I've heard its meant to scare off the opponent or something .
On the contrary , I feel it pisses him off , and you don’t want that wen u are goin to fight him , now do you ?

" I'm goin to eat u alive "
" You are dead meat "

“ ok hold it big guy , i don think u read UR copy of the rulebook !! “
“ Eat me alive !! wait a min , I dint agree to that !”


***

The funniest part is the pleasantries after the match .
They always have the customary hug and sporty talk .
You wanted the man dead a minute back , but now u have to be all pal-y pal-y .
That’s the nature of this game .

" hey good game tom . hope i dint hurt ya "

" congrats man ! and hurt me ? no u did not . sure I’ve a fractured rib cage , my eye socket is now a squishy mess , a few teeth and one ear is missing , the nose and spine are one now , and my brain is prolly protecting the skull .... but I'm fine !! ... and hey good game man "


***

So I don’t think I’ll ever understand Boxing .
But watever said and done , its a great sport .
And I love watching it , or fighting it out wit a virtual opponent who's always big but too weak for me .
And yes , I ve had a couple of not-so-good experiences trying out a few stunts ( alone , sometimes wit the wall , sometimes the mirror , often wit the pillows ) , but I'm learning to act 21 ( and hide the bruises well !! ) .

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Navin V said...

hmmmm..interesting. you should watch "Cindrella man".. amazing movie tho i hate russel crowe.

lol..wen did u ever have a boxing exp?

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Radha said...

and u actually think rocky is a great movie!!!

if rocky is gud so is k3g.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Harini said...

I don watch Rocky type movies.. My sister does.. may be she can comment.. So I am not reading this !

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these girls have to comment on e'thin u write eh?? how jobless can u get.
wen u don know abt somethin,jus don comment!!!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocky has the eye of the tiger alrite ... but dude ... grow up!!! u still hav the iq of a lima bean!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home