Tuesday, January 11, 2005

TOW ... saanwariya

So it was another bright day , made bleak only by the thought of being in college ( that gud for nothing excuse for an educational establishment !!) , wen i found my self humming a familiar tune ... it was a nice pleasant feeling ... I'd no clue for how long I was droning the same ... but suddenly , I became aware of my blithersomeness ..... my brain started searching patterns , to recognize the song , whilst I continued huming ... and wen the search ended successfully , I realised wat I was doing and went .... BGWLAH !!!

It was 'saanwariya' ... yup that girly song that chic sings while dancing about in golden wheat fields , in Swades ( that damn movie !! ... still havent gotten over it ... wen was the last time I was smitten...in a positive way ...by a hindi movie ? ...DCH maybe ) . Now I like the song , infact I really like that song , but it's so icky to sing or even humm the same ... for the simple reason that it's a very "female- song"

I've heard guys singing Madonna's "Die Another Day" ... and I've not felt that they broke the code-of-guys by doing so.... some how it doesn't sound that girly , probably because of the rock and the dirty, evil look part of it ... but 'saanwariya ' is definitely female ... I dont even know wat it means , something to the same effect as it's cousin 'saajan' I believe ...

I can already hear the female readers calling me a MCP(male chauvinistic PERSON) ...but they do that all the time anyways ... for them every guy is a MCP and every one of their kind are GODESSES...considering that their cerebral matter tantamounts to that of a peahen , u really cant blame them !!

So, how does our inbuilt male gene recognize wats girly and wats not ? who makes the code-of-guys ? and , how do all the men universally know this implied unvoiced code ? .... Obviously I'm not going to let the secret out !!

Now, I did some homework and found out wat we can/cant listen to and wat we can/cant sing or humm ...

# Dido , Evanesence ,Tina Turner get total clearance .Its ok to hum/sing their songs .
# Ella Fitgerald,Diana Ross,Gwyneth Paltrow etc are also ok if they are doing a duo .
# Brintney Spears and Christina Aguilera are a no-no to sing or listen to ... watching them ... tats absolutely fine !!
# All the others ...Twain, Avril, AllSaints etc etc ..are fine listenin to , but singing their sonngs will be crossing the ickiness border .

Parting note : if u are a girl and u r still reading and resolve to read my posts , lemme assure u , ur grey matter is far greater then tat of a peahen .

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Siddhu said...

I read three of your posts, and since I'm a student of yours, I have decided to post my comments on all three in a single comment post. Ain't ya proud of me, maitre'?

To start with your ASDSJHFJLNDFD (whatever that acronym was) post, you don't know what confused is, until you've been me - or any other KV Student.

I was born in Trivandrum, brought up in Trivandrum, Coimbatore, Bangalore and Chennai, and studied in KVs - where every class is a mini India. For god's sake, one of my classmates was from Coorg and India's ex-army chief Gen Thimmaiah's grandson. Another female (oh, how hot she was! My first (and quite possibly only real) crush) was a Tamilian brought up in Kashmir. Not to mention Navy dudes from the North who found Kick the Siddhu a pastime. And yeah, a Bengali too! To compound all of it, I learnt Social Studies in Hindi, (Science in Hindi till 3rd Standard), Hindi was my first language - and today I can't speak a word of HIndi! Malayalam is my mother tongue and I know to write Amma in Malayalam. Tamil I can't read, all the letters look square to me. Hindi I can barely make out. And English, according to some Tam Bram accented females who can't speak a sentence of grammatically correct English, I have a Mallu accent. (Or in case, they're Mallu girls, I have a Tamil accent to my English). Then I join a college replete with students from this convent in Gandhinagar who decide that I can't speak or write in the only language I thought I knew - English! ("Go back to Kerala", to quote one of them)

Let's see you beat that! ;-)

I can't type anything more about the otehr two, too tired - except yeah, high hopes - its highly unlikely tat Fuddha's gonna see the truth anytime soon

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one thing s for sure....i ve to sit wid a dictionary to completely understand all ur articles.and also for some of d comments...

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Harish said...

Dude, I know this has nothing to do w/ this particular post.. But it's got SOMETHING to do with almost all ur posts..

What the hell is TOW?!?! :)

cheers,

curses

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger scoffes said...

The One With/Where

 

Post a Comment

<< Home